13 Days … the Countdown Begins!
Hello most awesome family and friends in the world! I really do appreciate all of you taking the time to stop by and read about what I’m up to. 🙂 I realize that right now, most of the people reading this are folks who actually know me, and I am more grateful to you than you will ever know.
For those of you who are joining me and we’ve never met in person (yet!), welcome and thank you!
Things have (of course!) been crazy busy around here, but so incredibly awesome. The launch date for the e-book version of Dusk Gate: Seeds of Discovery is September 6, just 13 short days from now! On that date, start looking for it on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and a few other places … I’ll have more details soon!
The launch for the paper version is tentatively set for early October.
Of course, in the meantime I am working on the big move, finishing up all of the final polishing of the book (Kudos to my amazing, fantastic, wonderful *insert all of the positive adjectives you know here* editor, Tonya Christensen!), and still trying to learn how to use Twitter, and a Facebook page, and this whole blogging thing. My mind is spinning, but with the most amazing energy and love that I have felt in years.
So, in honor of the impending launch, I am announcing a contest! (I haven’t won a contest since I was in kindergarten … it turns out that it’s more fun organizing a contest than participating in one, for me at least — your luck may be better than mine!)
The Prize: A brand-new Kindle with Special Offers!!
The Contest: Interact with me! (Yes, of course it’s to build my social platform. Writing a book is an artistic activity, selling it is another goldfish).
For each of the following activities your name will be placed into a drawing (a real one … not the kind of “drawing” teachers sometimes have to decide who gets to come on a field trip “Guess what, Mrs. AwesomeMom, I drew your name!” *blush* just kidding – I never did that).
- Comment on a blog post tagged in the “Dusk Gate” or “Writing” categories
- Follow me on Twitter @bputtroff, and @ mention me in a tweet that says “Free Kindle” or “Seeds of Discovery”
- Tweet one of my blog posts. (make sure to @ mention @bputtroff)
- Retweet one of my blog posts. (make sure to mention @bputtroff)
- “Like” my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/DuskGate (Those who have liked it prior to this post already have 2 entries!)
- Post a link on Facebook to any of the following: my blog, my Facebook page, my Twitter profile, or a link to buy the book on Amazon or Barnes and Noble (after the 6th). Tag me in the post so you’re sure I get it!